It's not difficult to build a web site, but there are a few things that need thinking through before you start:
- Who will use the site, and what will they expect?
- How do you want the site to look?
- Where will the content come from?
- How will you keep it fresh?
- What functionality is essential, e.g. slideshows or nested menus
You can build a site quickly, so prototype it with potential users
And don't forget to keep it up to date with security updates and to regularly archive it
And if the learning curve seems too high I'll be happy to quote a fixed price to do it for you
I'm now moving from Drupal 7 to 8, this site uses Drupal 8